So I guess I'm an artist now




The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho accepted a few of my prints to show for a student print exibit. These pictures were taken at the opening. We all got dressed up, they gave me a name tag to wear, and they introduced me and the other students. We ate hors d'oeuvres and there was wine, for those who were so inclined. I mingled with patrons, art directors, museum directors, and other artisits. People were asking me about my work and my technique, and asking me what I thought about other works. It was great, I really felt like an artisit. When I got there, I noticed a small orange dot on the label of one of my prints. Later the museum director told me that an orange dot represents the works that the museum bought for their permanent collection. So now I am an actual artisit with my work actually in a museum!

These are the other students whose work is in the show. The two people to my left also had works bought by the museum, but I also really like the prints by the kid on my right.

5 comments:

I'll try that! said...

Congratulations!
Thats is a huge accomplishment, and major confidence booster.
Good luck in you next artistic venture.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Hey how was reciting your poem!?

Robert said...

The poetry reciting went great! Thanks for asking. I was so nervous before it, but I did just fine, no mistakes!

Kristin B. said...

So cool! Congratulations, Laura!

Megan Marie said...

I like the proposal inspired print behind you in the picture. I'll have to check it out up-close sometime! By the way, we should get together sometime soon!