hiking and haikus


new years day, my parents took robert and i out for a hike at silver falls state park, oregon. robert, being the teacher that he is, gave us an assignment to write haikus as we walked. i guess he thought we were having too much fun, or something. 

together we came up with the following: 

silver haired giant
has farther to fall than us
he should stop running


the roar of water
reminds me of highways
out of touch with nature



down in the canyon
a web of moss covered trees
catches me when dreaming


wide campers field
surrounded by fog and frost
UFO landing site?


silver haired giant succumbs
borrows lady norways hat
function over form


everything's rimmed in frost
halos on the holy which
we've come to worship

........................................................................

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love this post, beautiful pictures and haikus are just rad!

Laura said...

Awesome place to visit. Love the haikus. My father-in-law would be impressed.

Megan Marie said...

makes me happy.