Graduation 2

Our big graduation took place on the National Mall in between the Washington Monument and the Capital. Mayor Bloomberg of New York was our commencement speaker.

The day started off cloudy and cold, and everyone was worried we were going to get a rainstorm.


This was my view for graduation.


Only 4 out of 7 of our graduating class walked here (the one unpictured technically graduated with the philosophy department). Sorry, closed-eye Elizabeth, it's the only one I got of us.


Andrew and Frances (they're going to be married in September), Emily, Laura, Robert and Amol and Jess (they're getting hitched in less than 2 weeks).


It wasn't until I looked at this picture that I realized how badly I need a shave and a haircut (and a jawline under my chin).





We marched up and down the National Mall to get pictures in front of the capital and the Lincoln Memorial.


I think this is the best picture of Laura and me, but we're out of focus. Lame.


These two fellows were from somewhere far away, and they wanted a picture with me because they had never seen anyone dressed like this before.


This statue behind the Lincoln Memorial honors writing and the arts.




4 comments:

katbrown said...

So glad you put these up! What's with the guys never having seen anyone dressed like that???

Emily and Rory said...

Congrats, on your accomplishments. Please excuse my comma, it just shows how much more schooling i need to go threw to be like you.

Cordiallee,
Rory

Sunshine said...

You are amazing!

Christy said...

Love the statue behind the Lincoln Memorial...a great place for a writer and photographer like you to stand on graduation day!