Graduation Pictures 1

On Saturday night I had my small graduation ceremony (the one with just my college, and not the whole university).





Everyone from the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences got buff and blue hoods (for a while GWU was just the Columbian College so we're the only college within the university who gets the school colors on our hoods), and the English department got white collars. I'm pretty sure our color combination was the classiest.


Laura took her picture of me receiving my diploma at the same exact millisecond the official photographer took his picture, with flash.


Where's Waldo?



This is George Washington's 2011 baker's half dozen of graduating English grad students (all master's students, no Ph.D.s).


Emily and Laura were strong and loyal enough to sit through the ceremony's grueling inertia.


Afterwards we celebrated correctly with a trip to Ray's Hell Burger. When I walked in two little kids said very loudly, "Hey look, a pirate!". The lady in the background in this picture seems to be thinking the same thing.

3 comments:

katbrown said...

Very fun! But...a pirate? They obviously have never been to Seafair days in Seattle!

Kristin B. said...

I love that you kept your garb on when you went to eat. Russ should have done that when he graduated from Law School!

Sunshine said...

But, don't you just love pirates in bowties!